Plastics Recycling Awards Europe 2024 Open for Entries
Winners to be announced at Plastics Recycling Show Europe in June
27 September 2023: The Plastics Recycling Awards Europe 2024 are now open for entries. Brand owners, manufacturers, retailers, product designers, packaging producers and designers, raw material suppliers, plastics recycling machine manufacturers and suppliers of recycled plastic products from across the whole value chain are invited to enter the prestigious awards.
The seven award categories covering key areas of plastics recycling innovation and the major market applications for the circular use of plastic are:
• Automotive, Electrical or Electronic Product
• Building & Construction Product
• Household & Leisure Product
• Plastic Packaging Product
• Product Technology Innovation
• Recycling Machinery Innovation
• Plastics Recycling Ambassador
“Now in their seventh edition, the Plastics Recycling Awards Europe are Europe’s benchmark for recognising innovation in the circular use of plastics,” said Ton Emans, PRE President. “Since the first awards, we have seen outstanding progress in the evolving technology and applications for plastics recycling. We hope the awards will motivate the industry actors to further boost the use of recycled plastics and accelerate the achievement of recycling targets.”
“The seven award winners will be announced on the second day of the Plastics Recycling Show Europe at the RAI, Amsterdam from 19-20 June 2024, where finalists will also be on show in a feature area. This display always attracts very strong interest from the show’s many thousands of visitors,” said Matt Barber, Global Events Director at Crain Communications. “Winning a Plastics Recycling Award Europe is a sustainability landmark for any brand and we expect even stronger competition from this year’s entries.”
The Plastics Recycling Awards Europe are organised jointly by Plastics Recyclers Europe and Crain Communications, organisers of PRS Europe.
To qualify for an award, entries must meet a number of criteria including that products and innovations must be designed, developed or manufactured in Europe; products must contain a minimum of 50% recycled content and all entries must promote sustainability and circular economy. Detailed criteria and qualifying features for each category are on the website. The closing date for entries is Friday, 8 December 2023.
The Plastics Recycling Awards Europe 2023 winners were:
• Automotive, Electrical & Electronic Product: Electrolux 700 GreenZone MaxiSpace fridge freezer by Electrolux and Coolrec
• Building & Construction Product: Ridgidrain by Polypipe Civils & Green Urbanisation
• Household & Leisure Product: Gardena Eco Line by Husqvarna Group
• Plastic Packaging Product: Container for fertilizer made of recycled plastics by PreZero Polymers GmbH, Kunststoff Recycling Grünstadt & Compo GmbH
• Product Technology Innovation: Avient Color Prediction Service by Avient Corporation
• Recycling Machinery Innovation: Two-stage process for more energy efficient plastics recycling by ENGEL Austria GmbH
• Plastics Recycling Ambassador: Manfred Hackl from EREMA Group GmbH
For video highlights of the Plastics Recycling Awards Europe 2023 visit: https://youtu.be/P4SUYBsggL0
For more information and online entry to the Plastics Recycling Awards 2024 visit: https://prseventeurope.com
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/company/plastics-recycling-show-europe/
Hashtags: #PRAE2024 (Awards), #PRSE2024 (Event)
Media Contact: Doug Bentall Iona Communications Tel: +44 7799 615319 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PRE Contact: Nina Knezic Tel: +32 2 788 33 57 Email: email@example.com
About the Plastics Recycling Show Europe
The Plastics Recycling Show Europe (PRSE) is the annual exhibition and conference for plastics recycling professionals. It brings together key players from the plastics and recycling sectors to learn, network and capitalise on the business opportunities plastic recycling offers. The annual event is organised by Crain Communications and Plastics Recyclers Europe (PRE) and next takes place at RAI, Amsterdam in the Netherlands 19-20 June 2024. PRE is an organisation representing the voice of the European plastics recyclers who reprocess plastic waste into high quality material destined for production of new articles. Recyclers are important facilitators of the circularity of plastics and the transition towards the circular economy. Plastics recycling in Europe is a rapidly growing sector representing €8.7bn in turnover.