**Please read the entry criteria carefully before entering to ensure your entry is eligible**
The awards are FREE OF CHARGE to enter
Submitted entries must satisfy the following qualifying criteria:
- Submitted product/innovation must be designed, developed or manufactured in Europe and it must be a finished product (it must have been commercially released/ its commercial release is planned for 2024)
- Product must be made from post-consumer, post-commercial or post-industrial recycled plastics, not including production scrap (material used back in internal processes). Entries must disclose the sector (household, commercial, agricultural, building and construction, electrical & electronic waste streams etc.) from which the recycled material is sourced. Evidence must be provided on request.
- Products must contain at least 50% recycled content
- Product must be made of conventional plastics (submitted products or projects must not include biodegradable or oxo-degradable content)
- Product must not be older than 2 years, while the submitted technology and machinery innovations must not be older than 4 years
- Products must be recyclable (see definition here)
- Submitted entries must promote sustainability, circular economy and they must reflect the following aspects: fitness for purpose, market need and market potential
Submitted entries are evaluated based on the basic and category-specific criteria. Entries which qualify are shortlisted and selected as finalists.
During the second stage of evaluation, finalists are asked to submit any additional information that will help the jury panel evaluate the entries in detail. Scores are assigned for each entry, in a number of different categories (e.g., recyclability, innovativeness, etc.).
Entries with the highest total scores are selected as winners. In case of a draw, the jury chair is tasked with selecting the winning entry.
In case where a conflict of interest arises, the specific jury member is excluded from evaluating the given category.
Reoccurring entries will not be considered. Furthermore, an entry cannot be submitted in more than one category – if there is any confusion as to which category your entry qualifies for, please contact the organising team. The jury panel reserves the right to move entries between categories based on their suitability. Incomplete applications or applications lacking sufficient information will be disqualified. The organisers reserve the right to reject applications which do not fulfil this requirement.
Please note that detailed information must be provided to each question in the application form. Incomplete applications or applications lacking sufficient information will be disqualified. The information submitted within the application form will be reviewed by the organizers (Crain Communications and Plastics Recyclers Europe), as well as the jury panel. Any sensitive information about the products or innovation will be strictly kept confidential.
If you have any questions, please contact us